INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY:
- Click this link: 2019-2020_Application
- Fill out Application
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is Eligible?
- Candidates must have successfully completed a minimum of one semester of coursework at BMCC/CUNY Continuing Education and Workforce Development Literacy Program and received a High School Equivalency Diploma.
- Candidates must apply to be full-time college students and complete all CUNY college admission requirements.
- Candidates may already currently be pursuing an AA but must have at least one semester left prior to degree completion.
- Candidates completing their AA and transferring to a senior college for a BA beginning in September 2019 will be considered on a case by case basis and dependent on availability of funds.
- Candidates who will be enrolled in CUNY Start in September 2018 are welcome to apply and will considered on a case by case basis.
- Candidates must fill out a FAFSA and TAP application.
- Candidates must have no more than one outstanding developmental course need based on the CUNY Assessment Tests
in reading, writing and math.
- WithinReach will pay for one remedial course if candidates also take a minimum of 9 other credits that semester.
- Candidates must resolve all developmental course needs within one year or risk loss of the scholarship.
- To apply, candidates must complete WithinReach Scholarship Application Form, including a personal essay and one teacher recommendation, and submit these by July 2, 2019.
- Applications must be emailed to apply@withinreachfoundation.
- Selected candidates will be interviewed by the WithinReach selection committee between July 15, 2019 – July 19, 2019.
- Recipients will be notified by August 2, 2019.
Write an essay that is guided by the following questions:
- What experiences have motivated you to further your education? What are your current goals as you enter college?
- What do you plan to study in college, and how might this course of study help to achieve your long-term goals?
- How will receiving the scholarship affect your ability to enter and complete your college studies?
- Recipients will be notified by August 7, 2018!
Scoring of Applications
- Personal Essay 35%
- Teacher Reference 15%
- Interview 50%
During the 2019-2020 year, we plan on awarding three-four full scholarships to students seeking to complete their Associate’s Degrees. WRF will cover what financial aid doesn’t cover. For students receiving full financial aid we will provide $1000 stipends per year. The scholarship lasts up to three years or until recipients have completed a degree – whichever comes first.